Monday, July 12, 2010

The Cover!

I was surprised that making this cover was the HARDEST part of this whole process! I really love the way it came out, though, so I'm glad I put as much effort in as I did. I picked out a heavy duty fabric from the home fabrics department, and doubled it up with felt inside to make it thicker and more plush. It takes so much effort to get perfectly measured, perfect right angled cuts/ironed edges/etc. Make sure to measure the width of two pages, and ADD at least three inches that will be for your binded center. It can be very deceptive when you fold it up around all your pages, making sure it's not too short (you'll have yor pages poking out the side)!

I picked out some super cute shiny silver magnetic snaps. They're the type usually used inside a purse or something. They were chunky & square, and I thought perfect for toddlers trying to close the book. They're also strong enough to keep it closed, without being too tough for a toddler to pull open (like some snaps can be).



No comments:

Post a Comment